Thursday, April 9, 2009

Twice is nice



So, I am blogging again this evening-although it really is the next day.

I work nights. I am at work this very second. Every night around 2:30 is my snack time. I eat lunch at 11. Snack at 2:30 or 3ish (depending upon my busyness). Then if I am hungry when I get home around 7:30, I will eat breakfast.

Anyway, almost every night I am in the breakroom, I make a smiley face out of the tacks on the corkboard. I don't use tacks that are hanging things up. I use the tacks that are in a line down the side of the corkboard. Above is tonight's happy face on the corkboard.

Now, the reason for this blog is because someone tomorrow will take my smiley face and make it back to tacks lining the side. Mind you, as you can see, there ain't much going on on the corkboard (I love saying corkboard). Really, there isn't. Notice how nothing is around it. That's because there is two things on it. And it is 5'x3'! So, my tack happy face is not hindering on any important breakroom news. Yet, everyday, someone does away with it!

Why? What kind of person does that? Are they that unhappy and miserable that a smiley face makes them cringe enough to line the damn tacks back up along the side? I don't get it! I know it isn't the cleaning people because it is like that when I get here at 6:30, and the cleaning people don't start until about 8 or 9! So, what is the deal? Why? Is it that bothersome? Heaven for bid we have any cheer around this place!

So, I am going to keep you all informed of my daily happy face on cork board ritual and how it turns out. I may not update you everyday, but I will update you.

Gosh people suck. The person who does that to my happy face is like that kid in class who reminds the teacher that she forgot to give homework...or worse! Pick up the homework. Ugh! Scrooge!

No comments: