Saturday, May 7, 2011

We Don't Need No Water...

It's Saturday!  There is no annoying teenager song for Saturday.  Well, I guess there is.  Bay City Rollers.  S-A-T-U-R-D-A-Y- NIGHT!  But, they are like 64 now, so I don't count that as an annoying teenager song anymore.  Back to blog.

Saturday.  I am dressed and prepared for on Cinco de Pie-O party at the Casa de Kristy and Koley.  I made my Lemon Ice Box Pie.  The filling was really good, so I hope it goes over well.  Oh, what am I saying.  It's pie.  Pie always goes over well. 

I slept all day, though.  I had meant to do somethings, but I didn't.  I actually woke  up at 5.  Well, first I woke up at like 10:30 after sleeping a whooping 3 hours.  Super fun.  I was woken up by the fire department.  In fact, this is the second day in a row that at about 10:30 in the morning, we have been woken up by firemen!

Yesterday, one knocked on the door.  Pretty hard, too.  Jody jumped up and answered the door.  It was a fireman here to check out smoke detector.  In fact, he said he had an appointment to check it.  I have no idea who made that appointment, but it wasn't us.  Now, I know what you are thinking.  No, he didn't rob us.  It was the oddest thing.  Ours works because we aren't retarded nor have we had enough fires to keep it going off on a constant basis.  So, the batteries weren't worn down. Jody pushed the button, it worked, and he left. 

Odd, right?  I think I recall that happening once before when I lived off of Woodward.  But, I might have made that up in my head.  But, it was weird.  Is it because we are in sort of a hood?  And why at such an odd time?  Who is home at that time of the morning beside us?  I mean, our street is pretty gentrified.  And if it hadn't worked, would they have given us a new one? 

Then this morning about the same damn time comes another pounding on the door.  What the fuck, right?  Well, this time it is a whole fire truck full of fire people!  One is at our door.  Jody answers it.  And they ask for a Mr. Harrison.  Jody says you have the wrong house.  The he asks if this is 003294398 address.  Yes it is, but there is no Mr. Harrison.  The fireman tells us that is what the lady wrote down.  Well, the lady was wrong.  So, he shuts the door.  The firemen discuss it at some length, but I guess are satisfied that there is no Mr. Harrison here.  After about 10 minutes hanging around in the road, they leave. 

Now, they might have tried a couple more houses.  There are only 14 houses on our whole street.  So, maybe they could have gone to the houses around us.  I don't think they did.  I sure hope Mr. Harrison isn't on fire because they left.  Of course, if he had had them check his smoke detector yesterday, he might not have been in need of a firetruck.

So, that was our exciting two days of fireman happenings.  I am getting excited about eating some  non-fruit pie!

1 comment:

d.g. said...

"I sure hope Mr. Harrison isn't on fire because they left."

Heh.