Sunday, May 29, 2011

Even I Want to Vacation in Austin!

You know what I highly recommend? You know what I highly recommend after all kinds of poop like things make your life all pooplike?  A staycation!

So, Jody and I decided we needed a little bit of a night out.  And not just a night on the town, we needed a night out.  Out of our house, out of our bed, away from those heathens we call dogs, a night away.  So, we took ourselves over to the Hyatt Lady Bird Lake for a fancy 4 star night in a fancy 4 star hotel room.  Oh my lord!  It was awesome!

 Here's our view during the day!
Here's our view at night through the amazing lens of a BlackBerry camera! Run out and get one now before the rush for happens for this fab technology!

I am not sure if you have ever stayed on the 14th floor of a hotel that overlooks Lady Bird Lake (Town Lake) and downtown.  It's awesome.  It's pretty cool to lay in a cush ass bed and stare down Colorado.  The view was just awesome.  It really was.  We got to watch people do all kinds of boat things on the water.  We got to watch all kinds of nightlife action.  It was freaking nice!  

One of the greatest things was that they didn't magnetize our room key cards, so when we went to get it done, they gave us free drink vouchers for the bar!  Free drinks!  Of course, we went on to buy more (because what self respecting person doesn't get all drunk when you don't have to leave the building to sleep?).  I love to get fancy girl drinks.  It's really a lot of fun.  I found my love of girl drinks at Sullivan's Ring Side Happy Hour many moons ago with their $5 martinis (not regular martinis.  I hate those.).  Well, they make a damn fine fruity, girly, dork drink at Mark 10.  A bit pricey.  But, you know how it doesn't really matter if it has raspberries it!

Anyway, it was great.  And sitting on the bed and eating P. Terry's whilst watching what happens downtown at 11pm is pretty awesome.  I recommend it to anyone.  Staycations rule!  Especially if you need to run home for something you forgot.  We didn't, but I mean, we live 11 minutes away.  So, what would it matter!  Oh, it was nice!

Oh, and I got to take a bath!  A long, hot bath!  I haven't taken a bath in almost a year.  You have no idea how great it was.  Just so you know, though, I have bathed.  In fact, I think I bathed that morning.  We just don't have a bathtub.  We only have a shower.  You have no idea how much you miss baths until you don't have a bathtub.  My books and magazines have been very left out this year.  Ah, but I got me one of them thar baths.  It was magnificent!

After that, I had a pretty busy week that I attended on no such sleep.  But, I got to hang out with some awesome friends. I won Chickenfoot!  I love games.  And I love to win them!  I had a great lunch with a wonderful friend at The Ginger Man. Who knew, but they have good food.  Barish food, but it was good.  Watched a really good but sad movie that I recommend.  Then got all rested to come to work!  Hurray!  Ah, the life, isn't it?  Not really.  But, I sure can make it sound that way if I write it well enough. 

I realize that I am getting behind on telling you about all the fantastic free things that I have been getting.  Well, I kinda got bored with that.  If you really want me to tell you, I will.  I did get a really awesome thing that I will tell you about.  I got a sleeve to make grilled cheese sandwiches in the toaster!  It's so cool.  Sure, I haven't used it yet.  I mean, I didn't go to the grocery store until day before yesterday.  Actually, I went at about 3:30 on Thursday morning.  So, I don't really know how you would classify that.  So, we haven't had any cheese or bread.  Or anything for that matter.  Yay, for Taco Cabana and other such bad places I shouldn't eat at.  Anyway, I haven't used it.  But, I am going to try it when I get home.  I will let you know how that goes.  If you never hear from me again, it didn't go so well.  I might have started my house on fire or some such thing that is completely possible when dealing with me and electric things and heat and grilled cheese bags!  So, we'll see. 

All in all I have had a fairly productive week.  It has been a fun, relaxing, and tiring one.  But, fun.  And, did I say I beat 3 whole people at Chickenfoot?  I like to rub that in.  I'm a very bad winner!  You should see me lose!  

Anyway, great weekend to all. Yippee!!

No comments: