Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Why Do I Have to Write a Paper?

So, here it is way later than my last blog post, and I have nothing interesting at all to say. Ho Hum. Really, I got nothing.

Life has gone the way life does. Eat, sleep, bath, talk to lover man, work, school stuff, eat, eat, work, sleep, eat, shower, brush teeth, sleep, eat, buy toilet paper, eat, watch TV, be obsessed with Facebook. You know, normal life things. Nothing at all interesting.

I did submit my rough draft of my master's project. I am pretty excited about it. For the most part, I got pretty good reviews. So, so far so good. I have some revisions to do. Then I have to resubmit it. Oh, it is so exciting.

Now, there is the subject of the other class I am taking. It is a class on the works of John Steinbeck. I am taking the course only for financial aid purposes. I don't need it for my degree. I have the appropriate number of hours to graduate. Unfortunately, I had to take another class to keep full time status and get my financial aid. So, what better than a John Steinbeck class because he is my favorite author and the reason I want to write! Right? Well, the fucking professor seems to have disappeared. For real. We haven't set a time for the class yet. We can't (me and the other person in the class) reach him by phone or email. We have no idea what is going on in the class! None. I have a reading list that I came up with, but it hasn't been approved by the director of our program. This is super fun.

With all that, I have a masters project due by July 26, and I graduate on August 15. Now, it would seem like maybe this fool would contact us in some way about meeting, assignments (which I have just decided is going to be three papers), reading lists, nothing. He has disappeared.

So, I the director if I can just drop this class because I don't need it at all. She says yes. So, I call financial aid to ask how it would effect my status. And get this, if I drop it, I have to pay back my entire loan right now. Now, I don't know if you know how much it costs to go to a private university for a masters program. Well, it ain't cheap. And unless I can come up with $3000, I can't drop the class. Yay!

Now, I just plan on writing three papers about I have no idea what, submitting them to this man who won't respond, and be done with it. Of course, if he gives me a C, I'm out of the program. But, fuck it. I won't get a C.

Of course, I have been in no mood to read or write as of late. Well, I have been writing. But I am not in the mood for academic writing. I am so over that! But, I shall do my best.

What else is going on? Maybe something far more boring than that last mess of words. Hmmmm. I do get to go to Houston on Thursday to see Jody's band play. Mandy, Tammy, Terra (I hope), my mom, and her new beau are going to be there. No pressure on the boy or anything. Haha. I am sure it will be great! I can't wait to hang out with everyone. I wish I could stay longer than just a few hours. But, we are trudging back that night because The Wooden Birds have to do a radio thing the next morning. Then they play Stubb's on July 4. Yay, heat death at Stubb's. I don't believe I have ever been to Stubb's when it wasn't 92840298402938 degrees. But, alas, I get to see my main squeeze in action! Hurray!

I did have a very odd dream last night. Anyone know what this means? In my dream, I was driving around doing errands. During the dream, I saw 4 car wrecks. I saw a police man directing traffic get run over. And, I saw a car fly off a bridge. What the hell does that mean? I imagine it ain't good. I looked it up, but it didn't make sense what it said. Anyone got a clue?

Okay, enough of Boring McBoringpants. I am off to read some Steinbeck (Let me just tell you how much getting a degree in the humanities will suck the fun out of reading.) I have read it all before, but I gotta brush up. I have papers to write. At least I think I do.

No comments: