Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Oh, the week she has been a good one (until about 2 am last night).

So, I got to go to Houston to see Jody play. It was so much fun! I got to see Tam Tam, Mandy, Terra, D.G., and met fellow blogger Sublime Enigma (that's super fun to type).

It started out at Cactus Music where The Wooden Birds did an in store (and I got a great copy of the Xanadu soundtrack. I have it, but it is a mess after all the years of playing.). That was pretty rad. Then we went off to eat at Hickory Hollow (awesome for a vegetarian! Actually, the baked potatoes kick all ass.). Then it was to Walter's on Washington for the show. It was so fun! It was hot, but it was Houston hot. And, sadly, I miss Houston hot. I stayed hydrated, though. And it was a great show!

They played with a local band (whom I have no idea the name of, but they were pretty good.), and also a band called Other Lives that I highly recommend. Great band. Very eerie in a good way.

Then it was here for some Stubb's playing. It was freaking awesome. Really, watching your boyfriend perform in front of a few thousand people really does something for me. That's terrible, isn't it? Nah, it isn't. It was super hot, but a really cool show. And, I felt all cool hanging out backstage with the Octopus Project and Explosions in the Sky. You know, I'm hip like that. Hanging with the cool people!

The show went really well. They sounded great! I had a super good time.

And now, my hot stuff of a man is home! Hurray! The tour ended officially last night with a pizza party at Red House Pizza. Good pizza. Great people. Lots of dandy fun! I had a good old time.

In other news, we got a new puppy! His name is Gus Cornelius Levon Helm Suarez. He is so cute!



He is absolutely adorable. He is part Dachshund, half something that has a brindle coat. He is just sweet and happy and peppy and awesome. Jody loves the heck out of him. They are becoming best of buddies. Schneider, on the other hand, is feeling quite gypped in attention department. Of course, he has been an only child for so long. Also, he is getting tired of having this cute little thing wanting to play all the time. He'll get used to it!

Anyway, Gus is just so sweet, I can barely stand it. Really, he is. You have to see him!

And, until about 2 am (when the compressor on our AC went out), life was fancy and fun and great and awesome! Luckily, I am at work, so I have AC. I can't wait for Jody to wake up because it was about 84 when I left. We have so much luck with this house! I swear!

Oh, by the way, I am a daytime worker now! Hurray. I am no longer a zombie. Well, I still am. That will take a while to get rid of.

Okay, enough. It's been a pretty good week. I have gotten a lot of making out in. That's always a plus. I have a new dog and the boy back for the time being. Hurray! Hurray! Hurray!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I'm so glad we all got to hang out! We really do need to get together more often!

Gus is so cute! You are braver than me, people keep telling me tht I need to get another dog so Rogen will have a brother or sister to play with. I don't think I'm ready for that.

d.g. said...

It was SO awesome to see you! It's been ... well, WAY too looooong! I agree with Mandy. We need to get together again, sooner rather than later.