Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Who Let the Ducks Outs?

So, guess what I got to do this weekend.  I got to hang out with some of the coolest ducks on Earth.  Yes, I did.  Patty and Selma.  Wanna see 'em?  I don't care if you do or not.  I'm posting pictures!









Are these fools adorable or what?  Sure, I don't know which one is Patty and which one is Selma, but does it matter?  Not really.  

You may be wondering what a chicken is doing in there with them.  Well, that's there mama.  That's Henrietta.  We've been friends for some time now.  She is one broody little chicken.  She makes you really get the meaning of Mother Hen.  Anyway, my friend Trav's uncle found some duck eggs.  But, there was no mother or anyone to sit on them. He sent them home with Trav because Henrietta has hatched other chicken's eggs before.  So, she sat on those darned eggs for a long long long long long time.  And, lo and behold, they hatched!  And, oh dear, what cute baby ducks.  (This reminds me of a baby duck hat my sister made me once.  If you know what that refers to, I may love you.  Or you have just clicked that link.)

Anyway, four of the ducks went back to Uncle's house.  But, Patty and Selma got to stay!  And, they are so sweet.  They do this little chirp quack.  Not quite duck quacking, but it's getting there.  They are pretty cool little ladies.  I can't wait for them to get bigger!  Oh, how I love that ghetto farm...dogs, ferrets, chickens, koi, and ducks.  It's like a petting zoo in the greatest possible way!

You know what else I did this weekend?  I went to the movie!  I know that's hard to believe because people don't often go to the movie.  But, I did!  And I took Jody with me.  So, I am going to give you some important information....Go see Bridesmaids.  For real.  Like now.  Somehow watch it immediately.  I am sure there is a pirated copy of it somewhere on the onlines.  So, go find it.  Or just go to the movie and see it.  It's tremendous!  Even funnier than The Hangover: Part II.  It is.  Well, they are very close.  I have a deep respect and love for Kristen Wiig (and I love the double i going on there).  

Also, upon looking her up to get the link, I realized she was on the Joe Shmo Show.  And she so was!  I loved that show.  It was the reality show that was fake (ha, not like that). It was all actors and staged except for one guy who was chosen to be the winner at the get go.  Every other person was an actor.  She was the doctor!  Holy Shit!  I am so excited.  As soon as I read that I remembered it.  Ah, I loved it.  If you can find that online, it was really good.  The Joe Shmo guy was so awesome and nice.  And they all felt like assholes at the end when they had to tell them it wasn't real.  It was kinda sad because they had all become friends.  There was crying and anger, and it was awesome! I am shocked as shit.  And you get to experience it with me!  Hurray!

Okay, so that was the weekend.  Hanging out with ducks, Jody, a couple of friends, movies, out to eat way too much (although the fried pickles at Alamo are the bomb or shiznit or whatever word for super yummy makes me sound the most like a honky cracker-not just a honky or a cracker, but a honky cracker).  All in all not so bad.  If I had written this blog 10 years ago, it would have been way more exciting.  But, this will do for me this time around.  
Later!




1 comment:

d.g. said...

DUCKS!!! THAT IS SO FREAKING EXCITING!!! I have been asking Chris for AGES if I can have a duck, and he always says no! All I get to have is our Quaker parrot, Peepers. I really want a duck, too, though! They are just so cute!!