Friday, January 8, 2010

This story could be way more exciting

Ah, the weather here is cold. It is cold as hell. I am not digging it. Luckily, I got no where to go tomorrow. So, it ain't so bad. Yesterday, however, it was not so fun.

I got out to my truck, took off, and it died. I turned it back on, took off, got to the stop sign. Stopped. Started to take off, and it died. And it was dead. Dead dead. Nothing was working. No hazards, no key buzz, no nothing. The damn cold weather had zapped the battery.

The shitty part about it was that I was in the middle of turning left into a lane, it was 7am, and I was leaving work. So, not only was it cold, but I was exhausted. That, and I was blocking all kinds of traffic.

Luckily, my friend David came to my rescue. He jumped me off, I took off, and that bitch died again. We jumped it again. Nothing! Not a damn thing. So, off to Auto Zone we go. Luckily, they had a battery, and David hooked it up for me.

So, I got to go home. I was nervous the whole way thinking the car would die. But it didn't.

There was a really cool thing. I was part of the traffic report! Isn't that cool? Yes it is! And luckily everything turned out okay.

Well, this is a truly boring story. For some reason, I put no fun or excitment into it. It was very eventful, though. Take it from me. And, man, was I cold!

Okay, that's the boring ass story for the day. Ain't it great? I had a camera and a phone. Had I remembered, I would have taken a picture. I am not super cool because I totally didn't. But, alas, at least I got a battery.

No comments: