Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Granny Laura needs some tunage!

You know what I realized today? I realized that I haven't been to a show (or concert, if you will) in a really long time. I live in the live music capital of the world, and the last show I went to was in July! What kind of nonsense is that? I totally enjoy going to see live music. I am all up in the mix with a musician! So, why in the hell have I not gone out to see some dandy live tunes in so long?

Well, maybe it is because no one I like is ever playing. Well, sometimes they are. I realized the other day that I haven't liked any new music in a super long time. I don't know if it because I am getting old or just not cool in any way. But, it sucks. I need to get out there an listen to new music. I mean, sure I have listened to new music. But, it is always someone I already like...Beck, Wilco, whoever. But, nothing really new. The last "new" band I totally got into was MGMT. They are awesome. That was two years ago, though. I am so behind the times. It is no wonder I am not keeping up with the cool kid hipsterness that is the Austin, TX.

So, what is one to do? Listen to the radio? I do that. They play all crap. Believe me, I listen to the radio. Our vehicle has only a radio. No CD, not even a tape player! Nothing. Just radio. So, I get to hear what all the kids are listening to today. Sure, I like the Lady GaGa. But, I can't stand the "alternative" station. The rest of them just play Jonas Brothers/Carry Underwood death crap. I am not too into the whole pop thing. I listen to the hip hop station because mostly it is fun. But, I generally stick to oldies and classic rock (because we all need to hear Money by Pink Floyd 22304982390482392 times a day).

So, what's a girl to do. I don't want to just wrap it up and be old, talking about kids today and their music. And I am bored senseless with the same old shit I have been listening to for what seems like years.

I need suggestions! I need something! I feel like such old lady. And that ain't happening to me yet. Fat, sure. Cranky, sure. Old, no! Well, maybe a little old. But not old enough not to like decent music!

Okay, enough. I sure do love to bitch! But, then again, who doesn't.

No comments: