Saturday, March 21, 2009

Road Trip!

This week, the boyfriend and I took an impromptu (yet necessary) road trip to Shreveport, LA. It wasn't so much of a road trip as much as it was an errand run. We did this trip in 1 day. We left at 2:30 am. Got to Shreveport at 8ish. Ran our errand. Sat at Barnes and Noble reading magazines until said errand (nothing even remotely interesting) was done . Ate at Strawn's Eat Shop(which was okay, not great. It was an interesting place to eat, though). And drove our asses home. We arrived at 4:30, took a nap, then hung out with the Thursday night crowd (or our regular Thursday night hang out ). All in all, a productive day if not a long one. Of course, we did find 20oz Dublin Dr. Peppers and Fudge BombPops and pecan pies along the way! And, what great company I had! He didn't mind my continuous singing of Oldies (both rock and country) that was accompanied by my holding a flashlight as a microphone. Is it weird to say I actually had fun? I did!

On another note you should watch Milk and Synechode, NY. Both are excellent movies. Milk especially so. I think Sean Penn was awesome. He totally deserved the Oscar. I still see him as Spicolli, but he is great in this movie. So, go see it! Or wait, don't go see it because it isn't anywhere (unless you want to go to someone else's house to watch it.) So, Netflix it!

No comments: