Friday, March 27, 2009

I got myself an award!!

I got an award from Mandy, because apparently, she things I rule! Here is the description that I stole from her page...(or what she stole, then I stole)

“When accepting this auspicious award, you must write a post bragging about it, including the name of the misguided soul who thinks you deserve such acclaim, and link back to said person so everyone knows he or she is real. Choose a minimum of seven (7) blogs that you find brilliant in content or design. Or improvise by including bloggers who have no idea who you are because you don’t have seven (7) friends. Show the seven (7) random victims’ names and links and leave a comment informing them that they were prized with “Honest Weblog.” Well, there’s no prize, really, but they can keep the nifty icon. Next,in your blog, list at least ten honest things about yourself. Then, pass it on!”

So, I have told you who I received this award from. Now, I will list my ten things...

1. I don't like Sci-fi and fantasy books, TV shows, or movies. I have seen some and read one. But, I don't really care for them. I would say that I hate most of them without even giving them a chance. I can't help it. It's just not my taste.

2. I think most organic fruits and veggies just taste like dirt. I wash the hell out of them (if I get them, but I am poor so I usually don't), and they still taste like dirt. I think my taste buds have been ruined by processed foods.

3. I have never eaten lobster or crab.

4. I am a nervous leg shaker. I shake my leg all the time. I even do it in my sleep. I am doing it right now. I do it when I am not nervous. I guess it has become a habit. But, I do it all the time.

5. I have never voted for a Democrat or Republican candidate for governor. I have always voted 3rd party.

6. This may be conspiracy theorist of me, but I think artificial sweeteners make me nutty. I really do. If I drink or use them for a week, I get moody and think weirdly. That probably sounds so nutty (and I haven't had an artificial sweetener in a while), but I think it has an effect on me.

7. I am absolutely in love with my boyfriend. I never had the opportunity to be in love with someone (even though I had a very long relationship before him), so I didn't allow myself to feel that emotion. It's a totally cool emotion. And, I am so glad I got to experience it for the first time with Jody. (Deep, huh?)

8. I love being tall. I wish I were taller. I love to wear high shoes (although I don't often) because I get to be taller. You have no idea what it is like to walk into a room being a 6'3 woman (ohhh, I'm a woman)(oh, and this is with shoes on. I'm normally about 5'10 or 5'11. It rules! I am so glad I am tall.

9. I am about to finish my masters, and I am scared shitless! On April 15th I find out when my deadline for my thesis project is because I graduate in August. Just hearing that I will find out a finish date sends me into panic mode. I am so tired of school and work, but I have done them both full-time for the last 5 years. I don't know what I am going to do without school. I guess watch more TV.

10. I have had a stomach ache for my entire life. I really have. I don't feel it so much anymore because it is just a constant. But, it is always there. Some days are worse than others. It kinda sucks, but that's life. I get a nervous stomach and a shaking leg. And, really I am not all that nervous a person. Strange, isn't it?

Now, here are the people that I am passing this award on to...(dang, Mandy took all mine!)

Kathie
My Phillipino Lova!

And, that's all because I got no one else!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

At least you're not a string puller anymore.

Laura Funkyjunk Suarez said...

Oh string pulling. I still want to do that. I just don't. Or, I just don't wear cut offs. I am such a freak!