Sunday, March 22, 2009

Not a bad day for a work day

I am at my usual spot - work. Super fun! I am here all the danged time, I think. Actually, I am not. I am not at work more than anyone else. Maybe I just blog more at work than the usual person. Yipes. Maybe I ought not admit that.

Today was a pretty good day though. Jody and I headed out for a SXSW show (my first and his second). I do believe it was one of the last shows. So, I am glad I got something in. We headed down to End of an Ear to see The Wooden Birds. They are a great band. Pretty mellow. And one of Jody's other band members (or recently former band members) is playing guitar. It was a pretty good show. It wasn't super long. And I like the sound of them. So, it was cool.

While there I picked up a couple of records. I got The Band Rock of Ages and a nice little album by one Anita Bryant- the most wonderful Christian on Earth. If you don't know who she is, then you should be shot. She is probably one of the most horrible people to walk the Earth. She's right up there with Hitler and the Klan in my opinion. So, how could I not buy her album of Christian hits! Such a kind and loving Christian. So, of course, I had to buy it! I love anything tacky and tasteless!

We ate at Izzoz Tacos. We hadn't been there yet, and boy was it good. I liked it better than Torchy's, but it was no Maria's. (I am a fine connoisseur of tacos!)It was pretty good. And they had Mexican Cokes! Oh, how much better they are without high fructose corn syrup!

While we were eating, there was live music (as is the norm around these parts). On the drums was a kid who was about 10 or 11. He was so awesome! I mean, he was no Jody, but he was doing great for a beginner. He would do a little thing and hit the cymbal. Then this great big ole smile would appear on his face (sadly, it is the same smile I make when I do the very same think). It was great! And it was beautiful outside!

Overall (other than this being at work thing), it was a great day! It was so good to get outside, eat, listen to some music, and just hang out with my fellow.

No comments: