Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Moving sucks!

We are moving. It is sucking. Just thought you would like to know. I am not loving it at all!

Update:

We are still tired. Moving still sucks. We are done for the day. Yay! Except there is way more to do. Note to self, never move all the way across m f'ing town again! Like for real across town. Not just half way, all the way! Ugh!

In packing, I did find Schneider's old fishing outfit that he hated so much. So, I made Gus wear it as punishment for not quite getting this potty training thing! Here he is. He is so damn cute!!



As I do with every move, I start deciding I want to throw tons of crap away. And in doing so, I start making a pile in the middle of the floor. This pile gets walked on, I start throwing stuff just slightly outside the pile, the dogs run through it, I get pissed off at something and kick the pile, etc. etc. etc... Just like every move, this pile has turned into a huge mess covering the living room floor. Why do I do this every time?

Also, this is the last time without movers. I think my age and my fat and my out of shape have all finally caught up with each other. It's a terrible thing! Also, moving in flip flops not a good idea. I've done it before, but again, it's all catching up.

We are done for the day. Saturday is the biggie if anyone wants to come and help!! 10 am! Hurray! Or not hurray. More like suck-ay. But, it must be done.

By the way, anyone want a couch?

Oh, and I would like to thank Jody for knowing that a sno cone will cure anything, and buying me a super duper rainbow one! See why I love him? He carries all the heavy stuff and buys me a sno cone. He's a good man!

Oh, and I just have to say this, but I hate the AT&T Mary J. Blige commercial. She really should have rethought those tattoos. Not good. Not at all. Of course, she is rich and famous, so who am I to say anything. But, I hate them! And I hate that commercial.

Enough, I'm going away now...

1 comment:

d.g. said...

Yuck, poor you! Moving DOES suck! This last time we moved, I did wear Converse instead of flip flops, but still ... my feet hurt SO bad for a week! We're not moving w/o movers ever again either! I felt so old after that ... old and broken and sore. I needed Ben Gay! Good luck with the rest of the move.

The new place is worth it, I hope?