Thursday, April 19, 2012

I'm in the Now, but I'm Still Sad


Well, today has been a day of good and bad.  First the bad.  Levon Helm died.  Now, I know many people probably don't even know who he is.  I think that's sad.  He's one of my favorite musicians in the world. He's in The Band.  And, this is one of my favorite songs in the world:

Of course, some of you might now him as Loretta Lynn's father in Coal Miner's Daughter.  
 



If you haven't seen that movie, you should.  You are missing out.  In fact, I am disappointed in you for not having seen it.  Here, watch some of it.


Now, the good news!  Laura is finally in the now.  In the 2012 like a beotch.  Well, more like in the 2011.  But, I finally got an iPhone. AN IPHONE!  And, it is so much fun!  There are all kinds of good things I can do with it.  But, of course, you people know because you already have one.

I decided last time around to go with the trusty BlackBerry. I liked it a lot for a long time.  Then it just seemed so antiquated and sad.  The tiny screen. The no fun apps.  The inability to play Words with Friends.  I wasn't going to miss the Draw Something craze.  Not this girl. Yay, iPhone!

So, not too bad a day except for my poor Levon.  I will go home and love my own personal drummer just to try to send some love his way.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so much fun.thanks. Sorry about the death of Levon.