Thursday, September 3, 2009

Grocery Mecca, I have found Thee....

Okay, I am about to look like an adult here which I don't like at all. But, here goes.

Upon moving to a whole new part of town, I have moved to a whole new grocery store. I have clung to my HEB Hancock Center for some 10 or so years now. It is very central to every place I have lived in this town. Now, it is a bit of a drive, and there is an HEB 47 seconds away from our new place. And I mean 47 seconds. I have counted it twice. It f'ing rules that it is that close.

So, day before yesterday, the Jodster and I decide it is time to go in and pick up a few things. You can only eat out so many times before you are just broke. So, we go in. And what do I find? I find the greatest grocery store I have ever seen!

It is huge, beautiful, clean, full of all kinds of neat stuff that my old store didn't have. There is an entire kosher deli! Now, I'm not Jewish, but that is freaking cool! It's so super fancy! We are totally out of place, but I don't mind. I bet nary a Lone Star Card has passed through the place (don't get me wrong, I don't mind Lone Star Card recipients because I am about $32.34 away from being one myself. I am just saying, they have never been here.) For real, this place is awesome! See...



Do you see the shine on that floor? And look at the length of that aisle! And this is only one of three! three!!! cooler aisles! The vegetarian section is so big it is on two aisles! It's like a haven for Amy's products! Oh, there is a Jesus, and he shops at the Jewish HEB! But, seriously, do you see that shine on the floor? They clean the place! It's incredible.

Then as we turn a corner, what do I see? This...



A Dr. Scholl's foot pressure measurer thingy! Jody and I had just talked about wanting to stand on one (well, I talked about it. He listened nicely about me wanting to look up where to find one and driving to it because even if it had been in San Antonio, I would have made him go find it!)! We turn the corner, and there it is! Hallelujah! Turns out I am a 430, and Jody is a 330 (we didn't buy them because they are $50, and our feet are fine). Bunch of flat footed archless losers, aren't we? Wait, you don't know because your store doesn't have one! I love this store. I do.

Now, we didn't do hardcore shopping because we were hungry. Oh, and let me say just one last thing about it...9 types of tomatoes! Nine! I make salsa all the time, so having that many types of tomatoes to add to it is awesome! But, we are going tomorrow to do actual shopping shopping. Sadly, we are on a budget because moving always costs about a thousand more dollars than you think it will. And this place is magnificent! So, it is going to suck to budget shop. But, alas, I am an expert at it at this point.

So, there is my happiness at living 47 seconds from the most super awesome whooper doopity doo HEB! And the parking is good. Oh, I am a happy girl.

The downfall of moving? We can't find our dishes which is forcing us to do stuff like this...



Yes, I had to eat my pizza off of a cutting board! Now, it's Mangia pizza, so you have to use a fork and a plate. It's freaking good. But, how sad are we?

Unpacking and grocery shopping, here we come. This weekend shall be fab!

1 comment:

d.g. said...

Awwww, man! Your grocery store sounds so KICK ASS! All of mine suck, but this is the problem you face when you live on the ghetto-ass side of Houston. I shouldn't be surprised, but oh, to shop at a store with so many options and such clean floors would be divine!