Monday, September 28, 2009


Flu season is here. It sucks. When one works staffing a large group of hospitals and clinics, this affects you. It makes your already stressful job much more stressful! It makes one wake up and eat chocolate chip cookies for breakfast. Ugh.

People, if you have the flu do not go to the emergency room. Take Tylenol, sleep, and get plenty of fluids. You may not have the flu, and the emergency room is a great place to get it. Besides, most ERs right now are a 300% capacity! You know how long it is going to be before you are seen by the few nurses and doctors who themselves do not have the flu? A really, really, really, really long time! And if it's your kid...well, same thing goes. Just make an appointment with your primary care physician! If you don't have one or have no insurance, try to wait a couple of days before you do go to the ER. Most likely you will be fine!

UGH! Not every sneeze needs an ER visit! Has no one been sick before? And please note that the swine flu is nothing more than the flu with a different name. From what we have heard, it is a bit milder. So, don't freak the fuck out! Just lay on the couch, drink your juice, and watch TV! Yes, you will feel like shit. But, what do you think they are going to do for you at the ER? There is no instant cure for the flu!

Okay, enough of my griping.

I think today (I'm off) I am going to decorate our Christmas tree. Sure it is still September. But, doesn't that sound like fun? I do believe it does! If I do it, I'll let you know. If I am lazy and don't, I won't let you know. I may be too busy watching Judge shows. Man, I need cable!

2 comments:

d.g. said...

It's really never too early to start decorating your Christmas tree. The only drawback to this, however, is that you will likely redecorate it eleventy billion times between now and December ... or at least, I would. But I may be a little OCD ... or maybe a LOT OCD ... but anywho, that sounds like fun! And if I get the flu, I CAN'T go to the ER because I have county health insurance, and even on a good day, the wait is like 14 hours, gah.

Amanda said...

I remember when I was little, I had to be bleeding from my eyeballs for my mom to take me to the doctor much less the emergency room. I was always told, "You're not dying, you'll be fine." I think people are way to paranoid about their kids. That's why kids are such pussies now. :)

Yet another reason why Mandy will never have kids!!!