Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Look, Ma, I can write me a sentence!

Ay dios mio! I have just forgotten about this blog. Well, no I haven't. I have just spent the last few forevers doing way to much working and way to much school work.

In about two weeks (if I get my ass in super gear) I will have a masters degree. I am so excited, but I am still not sure it is real. And, I am really not sure what to do with it when I have it. I guess look for another job. I guess. I don't know at all. At this point, I just want to keep my job (because at least I have one) and relax for a couple of months before I get really going on the job search.

I am hoping to find something in the teaching world. But, not kids. And not University. I want to go the community college route. I know that sounds weird. I think I am a bit of a slacker, and I would fit well in a community college. I am going to have to look somewhere other than Austin, I am sure. That is so sad. But, we will see where it goes. I am not thinking about it too much at this point.

Work has been work. I am a day person now! It is weird being alive during the day. It has been so long since I functioned as a daytime person. I actually like it a lot! I can get things done now. It's so weird. So far so good. I will see if that sticks.

Jody is back at home for the time being. It is so awesome. He was a bit wayward and antsy for a week or so, but he is back in Jody at home mode. I love having him around. Sure, it is a tad bit messier and the grocery bill goes up. But, I so love having him home. He will be doing some more local touring in another music project he has going on. But, that's cool because I am sure I can go with him. And we all know how much I love to watch him beat the hell out of some drums!

Gus is being a great little puppy dog. He is so cute. He really is. He hasn't quite gotten the handle of potty training just yet, but he's learning! He is super cute. He just loves Schneider who is coming around a bit. I guess he finally realized Gus is here to stay. I will post pictures when I take some! He is certainly in love with Jody. I am Mom, that's for sure. But, Jody...that's his boy! They are so cute together. I do love my man all covered in dogs! It's really cute. So, all is happy in that land. Oh, and Gus has the worst gas. Lordy mercy that dog can cut the cheese! But, again, it is cute as hell.

Nothing too much else is going on. I saw Bruno. Hilarious, though it was no Borat. But, it was freaking awesome! Harry Potter 6 was good. Nothing like the book, sure. But, I think it was the best movie thus far. I am not even going to discuss it because the "bookers" know what I am talking about, and the "moviers" probably don't care. I still want to see Away We Go. It looks really good. Maybe this week sometime. Also, I am behind on The Hangover. I can't believe I haven't seen it yet. Oh, we did go see 200 Motels a couple of weeks ago. It was awesome! Frank Zappa at his Frank Zappa-iest! You probably can't see it, as it was a special Alamo screening. But, rent it if you can. Take it for what it's worth. I liked it, so it isn't a Too Fast, Too Furious or even a Inglorious Basterdstype of movie. It's odd. But, I'd see it if I were you!

It's weird how I go to the movies five times in one month, then I don't go again for four months. I need to get some sort of normal regular movie viewing schedule. Of course, I am a super movie theater snob, and I will only go to the Alamo. In case of emergency, I will go to the Galaxy. But, I stick with the Alamo. So, sometimes it isn't so financially smart to go to the movie since it always ends up costing us way more because we always eat and drink and be merry once we are there!

Okay, I better get. I have work to do. Imagine that! I need a super duper vacation! For real. But, alas, it is not to be. Oh well. I'll live.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nobody blogs anymore... you, Mandy, D.G.... geez!

Laura Funkyjunk Suarez said...

If it weren't for this dang Masters project, I would be all up on it. Give me until the end of August. Then I shall have them rolling out like nobody's business!

Amanda said...

I'm just boring right now and don't have anything to say. I'm going to the river with Tish this weekend so I have a feeling there will be plenty of stuff to blog about next week!!!