Saturday, September 6, 2008

So many things....and I'm too lazy to blog...

Oh, so much has gone on in the last little bit of time in my life. Some fun, some boring, some just not a bit of anything. So, here goes...(I am digging the hell out of this... lately. You know, the ... I know it has a name, but I can't think of it. Anyone know? Anyone? Bueller?)

Last weekend my very best friends in the world got married. Well, I guess it isn't married married since we live in the dark ages in these United States. So, they actually had a commitment ceremony. After nine years of shacking up, T and J tied the knot. It was so awesome!


Aren't they awesome? Really they are. It was a nice ceremony. It wasn't long, it wasn't super Jesusy, and it was just great. The whole lot of us cried. It was the nicest thing ever.

I mean, I know these two goons better than I know most people. They have been there for me for everything you can imagine. I love the hell out of them. There is no doubt in my mind that they are actually in love with each other. They support each other, they are each others best friend, they are really great together. And how many gay scientists are there? Well, probably a lot. But these two found each other!

Back to the wedding. It was so much damn fun. Now, I started out the day running a low grade fever because leave it to me to get sick on the most important weekend in the world. But, luckily, I have this amazing ability to ignore sickness and having to pee (really, I do!) So, I just sucked it up best that I could. Jody was totally patient with me when I got a bit bitchy about being sick. You know how randomly you just feel like death. Well, he was sweet to me even when I was being a butt crack.

The wedding was at this cool place called House on the Hill. It was an outdoor wedding (as you can see from the picture). And, lo and behold, it rains. Three times! It hasn't rained in Austin in 5 months. Of course, when J is getting married it does. (See, he has the same bad luck that I do). Strangely, it stopped just before the ceremony started. And when it did start, it wasn't 200 degrees or incredibly humid as it should have been. It was really nice.

When the ceremony was over, there was dinner and all that goodness. On the tables where mad-libs. If you don't know what those are, look them up. I refuse to believe anyone in this day and age doesn't. You had a sad childhood if you didn't. Anyway, if you know me and my way of thought, you can surely know that the mad-libs done at my table where wholesome and pure. You can tell by this picture of Koley how G-rated we went.


You see that face? That has something to do with a cross ways man hammer and a poop smeared ball gag. So, let me tell you when it comes to verbs and nouns, we sure did come up with some good ones. See, even Jody was loving the disgust!!


I must take a moment here to say that that fella up there is so super hot. Good night I love the hell out of him. Mmmm, he's sexy! Okay, enough of that. Sorry!

So, after that, there was cake to be had! I was an official cake cutter. Well, I was a cake server. Katie cut the cake. Luckily, T's cousin Jessie (who made the cake which was beautiful) helped because there is a special way to cut a cake that makes it easy to serve 120 people (there were a lot of people at this shindig!). We just started hacking into it like it was a danged old sheet cake. If it would have been up to us, we would have been able to cut this 4 tier cake into about 33 pieces. But, with a little help, we did a great job. It was totally fun to hand out cake on these neat silver trays.

See how cute we are. You can barely see Kate for my boobs and whatnot, but this is us doing our thing. We all clean up nicely. I don't know much about my outfit. But, it was a grown up lady shirt. So, I was proud of myself.

So, that was wedding. Jody and I did a bunch of slow dancing and fast dancing and goony bird dancing. He actually did the Grand March (which is super fun!) and the chicken dance with me. We did a bit of the twist. He is a much better dancer than he lets on. So, if you ever need a partner in a dance contest, I vote pick Jody! He wouldn't do the Cotton Eyed Joe or the Shodish. But, he did some sweet slow dancing with me. It was very romantico!

Now on to other things...(see, there it is again)

We got a new couch today. It's a love seat with a chaise lounge on the end. It's light green with a beigish piping around the edges. It's a sleeper sofa. So, come one down! You know how comfy those are. Anyway, Jody is a dandy fellow and went and picked it up, rearranged the whole living room, and made it all pretty for me. I totally dig the couch! I have always wanted a chaise lounge. I am so excited. And it is comfy as hell! Come on over and see it. You might even be able to spend the night.

Now to stick shifts! What the hell is the purpose of having a manual transmission in 2008? Now, don't get me wrong, it isn't the worst thing in the world. But, how long in a girl going to have to drive one before she doesn't have a mini panic attack every time she has to use first gear? Ugh! I swear. And I will drive 932093409 miles out of my way to avoid this hill on Manor! I am scared about stopping on an uphill incline. Dork that I am, I am scared I will roll back and hit someone. I have, however, learned to ease in traffic. I am so proud of myself for that!! And, today I had to do like a 2334 point turn. And, did I do it? Yes! And did I stall? No! Hell yeah! I am this close to being Mario Andretti. Well, that's just a stupid comparison because I have always driven about 4o miles over the speed limit. For some reason, I just feel that Mario is a damn stick shifter. I bet, though, he doesn't have baby panic attacks when lights turn yellow or at stop signs. But, we are this close to being the same! Sha, right!

What else exciting has been going on in my life these days? Nothing at all. Wait, I started school today. Oh, yes, a Saturday morning class. Seemed like a smart move at the time. It isn't the worst thing ever. I think it will be an interesting class to say the least. Peace with Justice Issues...it could be worse. I like peace. I like justice. I like issues. I think there may be a bit too much Jesus talk. But, I shall deal with. The professor seems like she will be well versed. She's a peacenik! I like those. So, I shall see how it goes. The class I am really looking forward to is on Monday. Thank goodness it happens only every other week. But, it's creative writing. And, I love creative writing.

Okay, enough of this long assed blog that has nothing to do with anything. It is probably quite boring. But, alas, I do not care. For I shall make you all read it, as you are my minions and do what I say! Haha! Do my biding, slave! I have gone nuts. So, I shall stop!

Later!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Awwww, congratulations to T & J!!! So glad y'all had a good time!

Now that you have a sleeper sofa, can I make the trek from Houston to Austin and camp out on your couch???

Good luck on the new classes, how much longer do you have?

Laura Funkyjunk Suarez said...

of course you can come camp out! I even have an extra sheet! I'm so grown up!

I should be done next summer. I say should. But, that don't mean a thing! I am so sick of school!