Saturday, August 23, 2008

I long to be a crooner, but alas, I am not....

So, next weekend a couple of friends of mine (my best friends, in fact) are getting hitched. They are tying the knot. They are going to be each others one and only. Well, they kinda always have been since they have been together for 9 years! But, next Saturday they are taking the plunge.

So, in honor of their getting bound by love we decided to go out and have a good time. See, a bachelor party was out of the question since they are both boys. And finding separate strippers, separate gay clubs, and separate nights was just too much for our group to figure out. So, instead we did karaoke.

We have done karaoke before a number of times. We go to this place where you rent the room, bring booze and food, then sing to your hearts content with all your friends. It is way more fun than doing it in front of a gazillion drunkards who just want to make fun of you. It is far more fun when those drunkards who want to make fun of you are your friends. Oh, and fun was certainly made!

Michael's rear end really got into it. I can't quite remember what they where singing, but the anal solo was amazing!



Even Jacob stopped in order to hear the fabulousness of his booty!

Here are me and Jacob singing a fine duet of Islands in the Stream...

See, that is what we are. No one in between. How can we be wrong. We did not sail away with each other, but we did sing so loudly that we almost blew out the speakers. And let me tell you, if you can't tell from the picture, we sound amazing!

Kate and Paul sang something. I have no idea what they were singing. Paul later did a beautiful rendition of The Trooper by Judas Priest. But, they sang something good because I remember quite enjoying singing along to their tune...

Kate seems to be getting a kick out of it. So, I am not sure. Soon after this, she turned into a ballerina a pirouetted across the floor. She has also Incorporated the punch, punch move she learned on Wii Fit into each and every song of the evening. I would put a picture of her being a ballet dancer, but she would probably beat me up.


Here is the happy couple singing something. It was obviously something sweet and romantic since Kristy and Koley are slow dancing behind them. Jody and I later slow danced, but it wasn't nearly as coordinated or dance-like.

I shall call this the soon to be and the already are seeing as how until next week our only actual married friends are Kristy and Koley. The rest of us just shack up. We find that spitting in the face of Jesus is reason enough to live in sin. Well, wait, two guys getting married is really bad in the world of all things Biblical. Thank goodness we are all atheists! Damn you, Kristy and Koley. How dare you be normal. Well, you aren't normal at all. Hell, Kristy has a tattoo on her face. So, we'll go with you are some sort of heathen and leave it at that.


Here's my boy singing. He's looking right at me and singing me a beautiful love song. Well, he's probably not. I wish I could remember what he was singing.

It must have involved Jacob because that's the back of him. Jody did do a good job of bringing it with Purple Rain. That's when I (and several others) realized that he should be a TV Evangelist. Wow, he was good at that. Of course, it might have been a bit unfair seeing as how he makes his living on a stage. I mean, he doesn't stand in front of the stage or anything. But, he is still up there. Needless to say, he was an excellent karaokian. And he sure is cute.

So, all in all, we had a great time. The one thing I found very odd was the selection of songs. Now, there were the usual. Dancing Queen (we sang it), Yellow Submarine (we sang it), The Most Beautiful Girl (we sang it), Twist and Shout (thank god no one sang it). But, they were missing some essentials. No Lee Greenwood? No Foreigner? No Styx? No Britney Spears (except I Love Rock and Roll which we sang because there was no Joan Jett version??? Weird)

But, they did have....the complete works of Helloween, Yngwie Malmsteen, Iron Maiden (good), and Judas Priest (good). But, Helloween and Yngvie Malmsteen? Other than me, Jody, Paul, and Koley who the hell has heard of these bands? Who spent the time creating karaoke versions of these songs? It makes absolutely no sense. Is there a great calling for these songs and bands in the karaoke world? If so, why not add Slayer, King Diamond, and Angel Witch? And there was King Crimson? Who would have thunk that prog rock would have made its way into the rooms of Austin Karaoke. I was a bit impressed with that. But still a bit thrown.

So, fun was had. Beer and whiskey was consumed. And there is a debate over whether or not strawberry Whoppers are good. They are certainly no disgust that is the chocolate Skittle. But, they are different. If you can find them, try them and let me know what you think.

Okay, enough for now! Yay singing badly and loudly for hours at a time!!



Jeez I love my friends!



1 comment:

Amanda said...

I must know...do you ever sing "On the Road Again?"