Thursday, September 11, 2008

I'm not schizophrenic, I just have diverse taste in music

So, I am sitting here fucking around with my myspace page open. I decided to update a bit. You know, throw on a new song and picture because like Laura Hall, that's just how I roll. (If you don't know who that is, ask me. I am all obsessed with that cuckoo freak.) When I added my new song, I found that there is a list of my song history! I had no idea. So, being as I am curious as to what songs I have put on in the past, I had to look. Upon looking I realize I am a loopty loo! So, I decided to paste the list below and explain why I have chosen each of these fabulous songs to be part of the Laura Ferguson Myspace Experience. I think that will be my band name (that is unless I steal the Boar Witch idea from Jody and Jakob).
  • A Milli
    From Tha Carter III
    By Lil Wayne
    Current profile song

    • This is my current song. It is the new smash hit by the fabulous lil' Wayne. Now, I know that I don't look much like a Lil' Wayne fan. And for the most part, I'm not a super fan. But, I love this damn song. I mean, the bass line is awesome. I can't imagine anyone not digging it.
    • (By the way, I can't figure out how to get rid of these stupid bullets. So, I am just going to go with it.)
    • I also like the words to this song. I like the no chorus or bridge-just the random ramblings of a very odd and somewhat disturbed fellow. I like that in a person. Odd and disturbed. So, I dig this song.

This is a great song. I love the whole Lee Hazelwood and Nancy Sinatra combo. It's totally psychedelic. It's totally great music. And the fact that he is 61 and she is like 17 is totally creepy. And, I like that combo. Oh, and it's dramatic. Just listen to it. I totally love it. Lee Hazelwood might be a bit of a genius. That or he has a creepy thing for Nancy Sinatra. Wait, I think it is both.

  • Arthur Lee and Love. Well, what is there to say. I love this song. He, too, is a freak. He really is. You should listen to Love sometime. Or just type his name into youtube. I totally dig it. Odd, creative, probably nuts. He did go to jail for a while. I like that in a musician. I dig my druggies and my ruffians and jailbirds. Don't know why, but they just make better music.

  • I love the Cramps. I was bored one night and realized that I hadn't listened to them in a long ass time. This tape (yes, tape) was a staple in high school. Oh, how I miss those days. This, Butthole Surfers, Beck, Brujaria....oh, the memories. So, I was being nostalgic. Love it!

  • Black Betty
    From Ram Jam
    This is my and my sisters song. I was missing my Tamaramadingdong and put it up in honor of sisterhood. And it's just a cool song. But, anyway, I still miss my Black Betty! Black Betty, I miss you! Come visit for the hurricane!

  • I was having a bit of a Debbie Gibson moment. Fuck that Deborah stuff. That bitch will now and forever be Debbie. I don't care how naked you get in a magazine. You are Debbie. And, Debbie, I love you. I do. I lipsinked (lipsank?)/sang some Debbie Gibson song in either the 5th or 6th grade class talent show thing. I wore petticoats and danced a lot. I probably looked like an asshole. Or maybe I looked like a cute kid. Who knows. For some reason, I still think I look exactly the same as I did then. So, think of me dancing to Debbie Gibson. Enough said. I looked like an asshole.


I like this band. I like this song. I like that they sound about 12. Now, I am not a skinny jean, obtuse hair, big old lady glasses, American Apparel loving cool kid, but I can still like their music. Now, I have to say that there are some stinkers on this album. There are. I am going to say it. But, this song rocks! It does. I love it. I could listen to it over and over. And so should you! No, you shouldn't. But, I love it.
This is my favorite movie song. It may be my favorite instrumental song ever. I guess I don't have to many favorite instrumental songs. So, dammit, you should know this is important. This is Ennio Morricone at his finest. I totally dig him. This song is also my ring on my phone. Once in the grocery store it went off. It was so funny! This woman in the aisle ducked and looked behind her. I was very tempted to scream, "Watch out for the Injuns!" But, I didn't. I just laughed at her. It was really funny.

Actually, that reminds me of this time when I was eating in a very dark, very mobster movie looking Italian restaurant in Dallas. I'm sitting there eating my Chicken Marsala (long time ago...hell, I was eating chicken. So, this was a long long time ago). Anyway, all of a sudden, the Godfather theme song comes on. Now, as stupid as it sounds, my stomach dropped, and I wanted to hit the deck. I was totally prepared to sleep with the fishes. It made me laugh. Hell, it makes me laugh now.
I put this song on there in honor of my Jody. He is totally my best friend. I love him so much. I'm getting gay, but I don't care. I totally put it on there for him. That, and I love Harry Nilsson. I really do. I think I have a thing for him. I mean, he did Popeye, the Point, and he put a damn lime in a coconut. How much greater can a man be? Well, a lot. I totally dig the Nilsson! And Jody!
I like this song. I think everyone does. But, it is a freaking cool song. It's a bit dirty/naughty. And that totally gets me going. I like this song cause it puts me in this mood. I can't really describe it, but I dig the hell out of it. I like the whole style of it. It's just a rocking good song. Listen to it, people. Or three people. I think I can just write this to Mandy, Jackie, and Jody! So, you three, listen to it. Well, I am sure Jody has many times. You other two, do as I say!

I put this song on here because it is Jody and my song. Yep, it is. Not as romantic as some people's "song," sure. But, it is our song none the less! (I got lots of Jody talk going on in these last few songs, don't I. I promise to shut up soon.) There is a really awesome version of this song where it is just the vocals and none of the music music. It is freaking awesome. DLR freaking rules. I swear he does. I want to stop here and go off on a tangent about how Van Halen has not been Van Halen since DLR left, and I have not liked a song they have done since then. In fact, I am going to go as far as saying I hate the Hagar. I have a hate for him like I hate Renee Zellwegger and Russell Crowe, and you people just can't understand how much I hate those two. If you want to know why, just ask. I will gladly go on an hour shpeel about how I dispise them so! Oh, and Tom Cruise. But, my hate for him is entirely different and not solely based upon his weird love of all things Xenu.
ELO. What more is there to say. One of the greatest groups of all times. I call them a group and not a band totally based upon their era. Are they a super group? I mean, they are super and they are a group, but are they a super group? For god's sake, they did Xanadu. And anyone who knows me knows my love of Xanadu! If I don't stop this now, I will start singing the entire soundtrack which in turn means I would type it. And no one wants that. But, back to this song. I love it. I pretty much dig all their songs. Now I want to listen to ELO. Here I come Pandora!

Oh, the Donovan. Okay, this is underlined, and it is pissing me off. This damn thing is hard to figure out, and I'm no dummy. Really I'm not. They don't let you go to graduate school without being able to figure out a stupid formatting issue on blogger. But, here I am. So, I am going to figure this out or be thoroughly annoyed.

Oh, for christ's sake. This is awful. Can this be read while being underlined? Guess so. Okay back to Donovan. Hurdy Gurdy Man is just a cool song. It just is. It's a fact. I can't imagine anyone not loving the shit out of Donovan and this song.

Okay, So this underline thing is terrible. It's annoying the shit out of me. So, here is where I will stop. Oh, I will finish this list or explanations. Yes, I will. But, I will have to do it another time when I am bored out of my gourd and really, really, really want to type!

Later for now. And, I shall go off into underlining hell! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Stop!!!!! But, you can still read what the hell I have put on my danged myspace page. I got me some good taste in music, yes I do!


No comments: