Thursday, September 25, 2008

It's the final countdown....De der de der... de der de der deee

So, nothing to fancy has happened lately. I mean, stuff happens. None of it fancy, though.

What's been happening?

Last week Jody and I went to the zoo. It was super fun! We got to feed the goats in the petting zoo part. That was fun except that the nutty goats were used to being fed, so they went all nuts. Of course, there was one that was sweet. His name is Fred. I named him that, so it really isn't his name. But, in my brain it is,

See, here's Jody with Fred....

It was a good time. The weather was nice. We had a pretty good time.

What else? Jody's band Living Better Electrically was on Good Morning Austin (the local equivalent to Good Morning, America). That was totally awesome! I was so excited and proud of him. You should have seem me at 7:30 am screaming and jumping around the living room.

If you want to see it, go to this link...

http://www.myfoxaustin.com/myfox/pages/Home/Detail;jsessionid=060632FF4C17D05BE2BDB56B72118391?contentId=7501667&version=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=VSTY&pageId=1.1.1&sflg=1



I hope that hyperlinks. But, if it doesn't just copy and paste. I wish I could embed it, but I can't. Maybe if I was somewhat more techno savvy I could. But, you know...I'm old and a girl. Hence, I can't do it.

Don't you like the word savvy, by the way? I love words with inappropriate doubling of weird letters. Vacuum is a good one. I like that one the best.

Anyway, what else fun? Nothing. I am three weeks into school, and already I sure am sick of it. There is nothing wrong with my classes. In fact, they are pretty awesome classes. But, I am just not into it anymore. I can't figure out how people get PhDs. I mean, I am barely making it through my master's program. Well, I am making it, but I am tired! And, I really want to take a break. But, I'm not going to. I would not go back if I took a semester off. I would love to be Dr. Laura. But, at this point a masters if fine. Maybe other people don't work full-time whilst trying to get a PhD. I assume that is probably true. But you can't live on TA money alone. So, I gotta work! Ugh!

Wow, that was a bit whiny, wasn't it? I don't want to be whiny in a post. So, I am going to post fun pictures!



Okay, I am posting this picture because it is disturbing to me. The reason it is disturbing is because it is the picture hanging directly in front of the toilet at Quality Seafood on Airport. Now, the picture isn't centered on the wall. It is just right in front of the pot. Weird! I have no idea why a child looking into what appears to be a fish tank is right in front of the john. For some reason, the kid's t Rex shirt makes me even more uneasy. I don't know why. It made me feel a bit molestery pulling my pants down in front of the kid (which I can't tell if it is a girl or a boy). But, I had to tinkle, so I did. I am sharing it with all, though.



I love this picture because I love the hell out of that mural! Look at the set of cans on the mermaid. I stared at them for like 10 minutes before I pointed them out to Jody (who mind you, is a fan of big knockers). Then they were all I could stare at for the rest of dinner. But, nothing goes with hush puppies like a set of funnily drawn hooters!




Isn't this just the cutest dog in the history of dogs? Yes! I don't care what you think. He is. I love my Schneider. I do, I do, I do! He is so happy to have a yard to play in. I swear, this poor dog suffered through a 196sq ft efficiency, up to a large one bedroom (that was upstairs, so he didn't get to go out the 22 times a day he likes), to a place with a yard! And, boy, does he love it. He loves being able to run around, nose about, and just sit in the sun (which he loves to do). I am so glad he has somewhere to hang out besides the weird vacant lot on 38th where I used to walk him.



Here's my boys watching TV. Well, Schneider is watching me, but he was watching TV about two seconds before. They are so awesome! Really they are. It is nice to have them around. I sure do like hanging out with them. I think they like hanging out with me. Super funness!

Okay, there is some fun!

What the hell else should I blog about? I read The Road. Wow, that was a good book. Pretty quick read. It was for book club. Don't ask me why I joined a book club when I have to read 9348293048 pages of something every week. But, it's my friends. So, really any reason to sit around with my peeps and drink is reason enough to join some sort of club.

I have been watching all the seasons of Arrested Development. It is probably one of the best shows ever. I wish it went on forever.

Okay, I am babbling about nothing. So, I am off! Back to having work fun! Yay!

No comments: