Thursday, August 2, 2012

Let's Go to the Movies!

If you can fathom this, I saw what may have been two of the best movies ever made in two days.  I can't even put into words how odd it is to see two movies that can so affect one's emotions in two completely different ways.  So, saying that, I highly recommend:



Now, if you know my sense of humor, and I say this is one of the funniest movies I have ever seen, you can probably gauge what that means.  It is highly offensive and highly uncomfortable.  Go see it.  I almost wet my pants.  Go see it.  Did I say go see it?  Go see it.

Then the next night I saw this:



I honestly don't know what to say about this movie.  It put me in a weird place.  It put me in a good place.  I can't even explain to you why it is good or how it is good.  It was just compelling.  Please go see it.  It is wonderful.  And, again, I can't even explain why.  Maybe it made me feel human or made me reflect on my life or made me reflect on my childhood or made me reflect on my home or just made me think about humanity and community and spirit.  Whatever it is, it is making me sound like a drippy goonface.  Just go watch it.

So, how strange is it to see two movies that pretty much shake up the top 10 movie list in two days?  It's been a good week.

No comments: