Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Bread

I just attempted to make bread. It was the first time. I completed said task. This is what it looks like-->

Now, I did this all by hand. I have no food processor, so I got to knead it and knead it and knead it and knead it and knead it and knead it and knead it and knead it and knead it and knead it and knead it and knead it and knead it. Then I let it rise. I think the yeast might have been a little half old/ half working. So, it didn't rise a ton. Of course, I only let it rise-rise for an hour and a half. It came out alright, though. Not great. Alright.

It came out super dense. Seems thatif you knead it and knead it and knead it and knead it and knead it and knead it and knead it and knead it and knead it and knead it and knead it and knead it and knead it and knead it and knead it and knead it and knead it and knead it...well, that is not enough. You really gotta do it for like 10 minutes. I did it for about six. My arms got tired. And, I used a tad bit too much flour. It kinda tastes floury. (My recipe book warned me about that. Did I listen? Of course not!) But I did it! No bread pan. Just baked it on a cookie sheet. I am pretty excited!

So, I put a little butter on it. Not bad. Throw some garlic powder on it, and it tasted even better.

All in all, this was a fun project. I am trying it again! For I shall be the greatest baker in all the land! Or, I will not be. Probably that one. But, it was fun!

So, next time I will use less flour, more kneading, and better yeast.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

That's so exciting! I want to learn how to make bread! I do have a recipe for flour tortillas...not as hard as you might thing, just time consuming. My tortillas weren't round, but they were tortillas nonetheless.

Will you make bread for me when come and visit you???