Sunday, January 25, 2009

Saturday Night's Alright for Fighting

Or for being bored as hell! I am at work. What a super fun way to spend a weekend. My people are out there, having fun, being super awesome, and what have you. Here I sit at work. Booooo! Stink!!!!!

I don't have much to report anyway. Nothing fancy happened this weeks. Jody, Trav, Jacob, and I went to dinner at Mandola's yesterday. We had a yummy meal and fancy desert. It was a nice night. Good talking, good laughs, and Jody spilled a Dr. Pepper all over the table. Luckily, the tables are small and we had filled it up with plates and cups and all kinds of crap. So, really it just pooled in the middle.

We headed back over to the T and J for a hangout and game of Catan (the nerdiest game since Dungeons and Dragons ever invented). I won because I fucking rule!! It was a bunch of fun.

Then it was back home for me and the Jodster for some Beatles Anthology viewing and good loving. Yep, it takes just a little Beatles to get us both going. Actually, all it takes is sitting next to each other. Or actually the thought of each other that can do it. But, last night, I am blaming the Beatles! Thank the lord for the fucking Beatles! HaHa! Of course, I should give Jody a hand, too. Gosh, he's awesome!

In exciting news, we are getting a puppy! A lab. I have no idea if it will be a girl or a boy, but we are sure excited! A puppy! I can't wait. I know Jody is excited. We have been meaning to get another dog for a bit. I mean, we have the Schneider, but that is more of a stepchild to Jody. And, I think it will be nice for Schneider to have a new something to play with other than me and Jody. We will probably go pick it up tomorrow or the next day. So, I will keep you updated on how the heck that is going. Yay, new doggy!

I did start school again next week. Yep, there's that again. It is good to get the brain going. But, I really am ready to be done. This semester should be a fun one. I have my advanced fiction writing class. I love that class. I loved the previous class. Since my degree will overall be focused on creative writing, I guess I should! It will be an English degree so I can teach English. But, I am focusing on creative writing. In other words, I am again getting a degree that may or may not cause me to have a better paying job at the end of it. But, it has been an adventure. And I love it. So, what can I say. I hope that sticking with something long enough to get a masters will show people I can put up with a lot of crap for a long assed time! Then it is on to the PhD. I plan to take Dr. Laura back to the side of good!

I will say that in the future-if I have children-I will tell them to do something in college that has a job at the end, i.e. doctor, nurse, lawyer, dentist, teacher...These floaty degrees can be a bitch! Haha! But, I sure am glad I am getting something.

Well, I have blathered on for a while now. Nothing too fancy. Nothing to blah. I am going to miss Goonies night with the gang tomorrow because I have to work again. Boooo! But, alas, I am getting paid, so I shall be here. Damn my work ethic!

I am off to do what I do best, work work work. Wait, that isn't what I do best. I am pretty good at a couple of things...just ask Jody. Lord, what is wrong with me tonight? Well, it's what's wrong with me everyday-I am a sicko pervert. But, in public I try to hold it in. Well, that's a lie. But, I am trying to be a lady. Haha!

Alright, I am off! Yehaw. Back to work!

No comments: