Friday, April 29, 2011

It's Friday, Friday, Friday!

Well, it is Friday.  Friday. Friday.  You can sing that like Rebecca Black if you like.  You don't have too, though.  I won't make you.

So, what am I doing this Friday night? Not really a thing.  It's kinda nice to have an off night to do nothing except things you need to get done.  Jody has two shows tonight.  I could have been a totally cool band girlfriend and gone with him.  One was at Botticelli's and the other at The Continental Club.  So, neither one would have not been fun.  I opted to stay home and get some chore type things done.  

First on the list, Mother's Day!  I am wrapping and packing and taping and decorating Mother's Day presents.  Between the two of us, there are three moms.  I have two and Jody has one.  So, I shopped today for gifts and wrapping paper and all the fun stuff that goes along with them.  And here I sit making everything festive.

Of course, I did forget to find boxes. I have to send all gifts through the mail.  I just can't wrap them up in gift boxes.  So, instead of just waiting, I have to find some boxes.  Luckily, Jody and I are some of the most unorganized and lazy people on Earth (really, we are).  Our entire spare bedroom is filled with boxes we haven't unpacked since moving into this house (in August.  It's April.  Told you.) Well, I just unpacked a few boxes and got to wrapping!  Funny thing is is that I have no where to put the stuff I unpacked, as we don't have enough shelving or storage. So, it is just going to turn the back room more into a junk filled catastrophe.

I am almost done with that.  I also spent the evening doing random chores.  Washed the dishes.  Broke a glass.  Swept the floor.  I wasn't going to do that because I had gotten kinda lazy in the midst of dishes.  I had planned to do it, but then changed my mind.  Well, luckily, I dropped and broke a glass.  So, I swept after all!  Hurray for fun coincidences.

I have also watched the Royal Wedding.  I truly don't care about it.  I missed it all day.  It has been annoying the hell out of me for a month.  But, I couldn't get around it tonight.  With a lack of cable in my house, you gotta watch network TV unless you watch something on the Internet.  So, I saw it.  And, dammit, if I didn't tear up.  Of course, the dress was gorgeous.  Gorgeous!  And I got all teary like a fucking goon.  But, other than the absolutely no one that reads this...no one will ever know!

One great thing about today was that I found Urban Cowboy the novel at Half Price Books


Isn't it awesome?  As some of you (no one) may know, I have a thing for "Urban Cowboy."  It's one of my favorite things in the world.  I have tons of Gilley's and "Urban Cowboy" crap.  And, now I have a novel about "The nighttime cowboys & their women - lovin', fightin', kickin' up a storm."  There can be no wrong in this! No Wrong, People!  I think it was meant to be.  I just happen to turn around and look up, and there it was.  Top shelf.  Blaring at me.  Hurray!

Well, in other words, today has been nothing much to write about.  I didn't get anything free in the mail.  Boooo!  So, checking the mail was more like a Christmas where you are hoping for a bike and you got a jacket.  That's ugly.  But, I was pre-approved for a number credit cards.  I am so all over those.  Actually, I'm not.

Okay, enough of me for this day.  I shall return soon to have another awesome blog for not a single person to read.  Hurray!

No comments: