Friday, October 10, 2008

Today is my one year anniversary

I think I am going to have a fun day. Yay! One year, and still in love. Super love. Super man that I am in love with. I guess it isn't that hard to stay in love for a year. In fact, it may be the easiest of all things to do.

But, we've gotten to know each other well. Started building a home. Have a lot of silly fun. Have great sex. Finally found someone who can keep up with me. Who knew a few times a day was asking a lot? Not me. Really, I didn't realize that was a lot. Actually, I thought once a day was normal. So, sorry to all you previous fellows out there who understood that I was insatiable. I didn't quite get it. Thank goodness that my mister has the same problem! Wow, I think that made me sound like a slutty nymphomaniac. I can't say I haven't had my moments. But, really, my number is pretty low compared to a lot of people. Maybe more than two hands worth, but definitely less that three. Is this too personal? Wait, it's a blog. It's supposed to be. But, hell, I sure am feeling all talkative, aren't I?

But, I really have enjoyed the last year with him. Can't say I enjoyed the mess of an ex-wife. Wow, that is a lot of emotional all trapped in one woman. Gosh, almighty! You have no idea. I mean, I get anger and pain and sad and more anger...I do, I get it. That's why I stay out of the whole mess (of course, I am writing about it here). I'm not butting my nose in or saying anything no matter how much I want to (except right here). But, come on. How can you even like a man who has been in a committed relationship with someone else (living in another state and living a life completely independent)for a year now? Hell, we've lived together since February! A man who obvious is way way way over you. One who has been way way way over you for years? It's a lot to deal with. And I am not normally one who is able to keep her mouth shut. I try not to be an asshole, though. I try to understand both sides (although the longer it goes on, the harder it is). But, since it has been a year, it seems things are finally coming to an end on that front. Not that they weren't over before. But, legalities and whatnot. Gracious, it is a lot to take sometime. Not that I am in any hurry to do anything with our relationship other than what we are doing.

I am quite enjoying this whole Jody and Laura thing. I really am. It's a lot of fun. And never ever a dull moment. I think it has something to do with his curly hair. Probably not, but I sure do love that curly hair! And that drummer thing. Oh, and the sense of humour (I'm British now). And seeing big old shoes all over the house...yep, that's enough of that.




The man had a car wreck this week. Boo. Poor Maurice the car did not survive. The man did, and for that I am glad. He is bruised and burned and sprained and beat. Shoulders ache, wrists don't work right, scabs abound, an entirely blue/green arm. But, alas, it is just a car. And no one was seriously hurt. I feel bad for them both. Luckily, the car is paid off this week. Just in time to never drive it again. Super fun! Gosh, I really liked that car. Finally, air conditioning!

Started riding the bus again. Saying it is because I want to be green. Lying because it is for the reason above. I actually don't mind riding the bus so much. I forget that when I have a car. I have spent a good majority of my adulthood without a vehicle. I have been poor for the most part of this fun filled adultness. So, my cars have always been a bit on the older side. In fact, the newest was Maurice (may he rest in peace). And he was a 98. So, as goes with older cars, they start falling apart. (Or their moron owner forgets to put the oil cap back on them and drives around for three days spurting oil everywhere and cracks the block). And, being as I am poor white recycling (not quite trash, as I am degreed and all), I never have enough money to fix the dang things. So, they just go to car heaven. Then I end up on the bus until I can save up $1500 or so to get a new one.

Now, we aren't carless. We have Jody's truck. Unfortunately, the brakes on it are sucking ass. And since it is a lean month. Well, lean couple of months. You see, electricity in Texas during the summer months runs about $300 a month. And with the move and deposit of $200...well, you see where this is going. So add it all up and even a well paid lad and lady of Austin (the gentrification capital of the USA) can't get a brake job done until next month. Of course, had we done it a month ago when it just made a noise, it would have been way way way way way cheaper. But, oh no...not us. For we are lazy and poor minded people. And with that frame of mind, you put things off that should be taken care of. Oh, look at me lecturing myself. I should stop...

Anyway, this started out with me riding the bus. It truly doesn't bother me that much. In fact, sometimes it is nice to have a few minutes to yourself to read. The bus I have to take (well, the first one. I transfer when going to both work and school) isn't very crowded. It is a long ride, sure. And leaving for work an hour and a half early sucks ass. But, who cares. I get a bit of a walk in. I feel more like I am part of something. That sounds weird. It does. And I can't explain it. But, bussing it around this city has made me learn a lot about it. I see things most don't. I get to know the people better. I really don't mind it at all. Of course, it sucks when it rains. And sure, I would rather drive. But, I am glad I don't mind. It is not below me, as I am sure lots of people think it is. But, again, I am poor white recycling. I belong on a bus. I am going against my station by getting a Masters. I am supposed to be working on my career as a clerk at the Wal-Greens. So, I am doing pretty good.

I've decided I have become way too fat. I used to look like this...


Now, I look like this...



Where did all that chin come from? Luckily, he still thinks I'm sexy. Likes em kinda fat. Thank god! Actually, I guess he met me whilst fat, as I have been fat since about the fourth grade. So, I am guessing he still thinks I'm sexy is a stupid thing to say. He has always found me sexy and still does because other than that double chin and a bit of gut, I haven't gotten that much fatter. I mean, 30lbs is a lot when you are a waif, but when you are a buffalo to begin with, it doesn't show all that much. But, still. I miss that no double chin thing I once had going on. Damn it, Cokes and Cheetohs and Burger King and M&Ms!

I did the weight watchers for a really long time. I also worked out at a gym 4 days a week. Yes, I did. And, you know what really pissed me off about it? It worked. It did. And I felt fabulous. But, see, I'm lazy and self defeating. So, I stopped. I also realized I had only eaten eggs and tofu stir fries for six months. Now, that was good and all. But this once, I ate some chocolate, and I though my mouth, brain, and vagina were going to explode all at the same time. So, I went back to food. And, since I am an uncontrollable freak (not at all in the freak way in the sex paragraph above), I have gained a few. I keep trying to get back on track. But, dammit, I am a failure. I love pizza. How is it that I am the fattest vegetarian (with the occassional fish because it is damn good) on the planet. Dammit for cheese being vegetarian!

I haven't gotten a chance to hang out a lot lately with people. It's depressing. Between work and school, I have no time. I miss my people. I miss you, people! I do! I miss my Kristy and Katie and Kate and Leah and Maria and Koley and Paul and everyone. I do! I have to get hold of my social life again. Hell, I may never see my dream Robert/Richard again at this rate. I have been feeling the effects. I have. I used to be a social butterfly. Now, I am a nothing butterfly. I must get out more. I am becoming a hermit. I have no where to wear all my fancy hair ribbons.

Okay, enough of me.

TTFN

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Until I got to your comments page, I had forgotten what your post was originally about ... then I was all, "oh, yeah, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!" (Because it says that over to the side; I like that, a little reminder so I don't get sidetracked)(Like I am now, sigh), so ... HAPPY ANNIVERSARY (Duh, duh, duh, REDUNDANCE FTW!).

Oh, yeah, I should probably identify myself. This is Diana. As in the Diana who called you 3 times while I was in Austin, but you never called me back, which made me really sad until Mandy said that you meant to call me back, but you had been working a LOT, which I totally understand. That Diana. So, yeah ... it would have been really great to see you, but Chris and I really LOVE Austin, and still want to move there in the near future, so I'm sure we'll eventually be back ... and this time, I'll call WAY before we leave, so you know I'm coming!

Now, on to the rest of your post: Holy crap, you make me laugh. You know why? Because you write EXACTLY like you speak. I can totally hear you talking in my head when I read your posts. And it makes me laugh ... loudly, sometimes, and my coworkers look at me all weird, but that isn't new, so I'm not bothered. Oh, yeah, and your hair? Looks SO SO SO awesome!

Anyway, enough rambling for now. Mainly just wanted to say HI!

Amanda said...

Happy anniversary!!! I have to say, y'all are one of the cutest couples I have seen in a long time. I'm so glad that you've found someone that makes you happy!

Laura Funkyjunk Suarez said...

Diana! Okay, so I was a crappy assed friend for not calling you back. Oh, Ike was torture. I was working like 50 something hours a week. Super fun. And, on top of that I was driving around town in Jody's damn standard! Ugh. Not that I suck at it, but I (at that point) wasn't that good! So, excuses excuses. I wish we would have gotten to hang out.

So, you have to come back. Let me know when you want the want ads or housing ads! Craigslist is your friend!

Mandy Mandy Lou! Isn't he cute. Thank you for thinking we are a cute couple. I dig the hell out of him.

Now, grab Diana and come back. My fold out couch awaits you!