Tuesday, October 14, 2008

ELO

I have been having this obsession with ELO lately. That's ELO or Electric Light Orchestra. If you weren't alive before like '82, you will have no idea who they are. If you are my age, you will. If you are older, you really will.



Anyway, I have had this hankering to listen to nothing but ELO lately. I really dig them. Like a lot. And, it seems now, a lot more than usual. I have no idea why. I am trying to be their myspace friend to no avail. You would think that they would be grateful to have any myspace friends. But, they don't seem to be to keen on me being one. Why the hell not? I am a hip, young girl from a super cool town. Okay, I may not be hip and young (but compared to ELO, I am). But, I am from a super cool town. Apparently, the coolest town in the history of town. Really, not anymore now that all the newbies have moved here. But, that is beside the point. Why will ELO not accept me as a friend?

First, let me tell you that I have the entire Xanadu soundtrack committed to memory. How many people can say that? 11? 17? 34 at the most! If I listen to Strange Magic or Telephone Line any more than I do, the boyfriend might wring my neck. I think if I can subliminally send myself singing Waterfall to them, they will accept me.

What is so wrong with me that a band won't accept my friendship. I am a fairly decent friend. Well, if you don't expect me to call you or answer the phone. Other than that, though, I'm okay. If ELO would text me, I would text back! I would! I would pick them up if they were downtown and too drunk to drive. I would sit and listen to them talk about the guy they are dating even though I hate the guy they are dating. I won't even tell them that. I will actually pretend I like him. And, I will invite them to every BBQ, pinata, bocce ball happening that my little crew has! I would! And I would do it all whilst smiling and making them feel at home. I wouldn't even mind that they always sing the same song at Karaoke (although, they can't have 18 and Life because that is Maria and my song).

So, what's the deal? Really? Am I being rejected by ELO? I think I am. Now, I shall go listen to sad ELO songs in order to take my blues to a new level!

But, in spreading the word...Here is some Xanadu. I think I post this everywhere. I am trying to get people on my side about the greatness of this movie! I missed the Broadway show, and it is now over. Dammit! But, alas, there is nothing I can do for ELO hates me. Bastards!



And by the way (this has nothing to do with ELO) when will spell check realize that myspace is not spelled wrong? Jesus on a turkey sandwich, this is 2008. Myspace is a normal thing! It isn't as if I made it up myself. I bet Rupert Murdoch owns all spell checks throughout the universe, so you would think that he would allow them to recognize his own myspace. Ugh! Damn spell check!

No comments: