Sunday, November 10, 2013

The Rule of Judy and Phil

Now, you may or may not know a lot about me. If you have taken the time to read this entire goofy blog, you may know more than most.  Of course, you could actually know me in real life.  If you do, than you probably do know me more than most.  Or not.  I mean, I know the person who delivers Milano's to our house, but I don't think they know me very well.

Anyway, that being said, there is one thing that most people don't know about me.  I live by what I call "The Rule of Judge Judy and Dr. Phil."  Lots of things happen in life.  Everyday you have to make decisions

whether they big or small, life changing or just what you want for lunch.  Almost all we do is make decisions.  And, when it comes to me making decisions, before I pick the direction of which I should go, I stop and think...If I had to explain this to Judge Judy or Dr. Phil, would they call me an idiot?  Based on if they would, I make my decision.

I have been doing this for some 10 years now, and it has yet to steer me wrong. I deployed it some years ago (and for a lengthy stretch of time) when the hubbie's ex-wife would call or email me ranting like a loon. Yes, I wanted to tell that cuckoo bird off.  I mean, who wouldn't.  But, did I?  No.  In fact, because I know both JJ and DP would frown on it, I didn't speak with her or respond with her in any way.  At all.  Never.  Not one time.  I figure if I ever had to stand in front of either of those people, they would say I was right in doing that.

I have done it when deciding what to do with money.  Listen up, People.  You know what I did?  I bought a car from one of my best friends!  On a payment plan!  And, guess what?  Judge Judy was right there with me when I made sure to pay him on time every month until it was paid off.  You never mix friendship with business or money.  Yes, good advice.  But, when you follow the rule of Judy and Phil, you can do it!

I really do believe that more people should use this rule.  Of course, the real name of the rule is common sense.  But, since most people don't like to use that, I think they should really think about using "The Rule of Judge Judy and Dr. Phil."  You'd be surprised at the messes it keeps you out of.

No comments: